- Published: Tuesday, 08 October 2013 07:43
- Hits: 11801
It's here folks! Every two years, Moz surveys the opinions of dozens of the world's brightest search marketers and runs correlation studies to better understand the workings of search engine algorithms. We gather this data to gain insight into the factors that may help—or hurt—a website's visibility in search engines. Note that these factors are not "proof" of what search engines use to rank websites, but simply show the characteristics of web pages that tend to rank higher.
Below we present the results of our 2013 Correlation Study. Select one of the 10 categories at the top of the chart to focus on those characteristics.
Domain Level Anchor Text
These features describe anchor text metrics—both partial and exact match—about the root domain hosting the page. For example, for the page www.test.com/A, these features are for anchor text links pointing to *.test.com, not just page A.
Over the past two years, we've seen Google crack down on over-optimized anchor text. Despite this, anchor text correlations for both partial and exact match remained quite large across our data set.
Domain Level Brand Metrics
These features describe elements of the root domain that indicate qualities of branding and brand metrics.
For this study we tracked domain name mentions in Fresh Web Explorer. The correlations for mentions are relatively high, falling between 0.17 and 0.20 for mentions of the full domain name.
Domain Level Keyword Agnostic
These features relate to the entire root domain, but don't directly describe link or keyword-based elements. Instead, they relate to things like the length of the domain name in characters.
Although none of these factors were highly significant, we did find a negative correlation of -0.09 with the length of the domain name.
Domain Level Keyword Usage
These features cover how keywords are used in the root or subdomain name and how much impact this might have on search engine rankings.
The ranking ability of exact- and partial-match domains (EMD/PMD) has been heavily debated by SEOs recently, and it appears Google is still adjusting their ranking ability. In our data, we found EMD correlations to be relatively high at 0.16 and as high as 0.20 if the EMD is also a dot-com.
Domain Link Authority Features
These features describe link metrics about the root domain hosting the page (e.g., for the page www.test.com/A, these features are for links pointing to *.test.com, not just page A). As in 2011, metrics that capture a diversity of link sources (C-blocks, IPs, domains) have high correlations. At the domain/subdomain level, subdomain correlations are larger than domain correlations.
Page Level Anchor Text
These features describe anchor text metrics—both partial- and exact-match—to the individual page (e.g., number of partial-match anchor text links, exact-match links).
Despite Google cracking down on over-optimized anchor text, we found high correlations with both partial and exact match anchor text to the URL, with a 0.29 correlation with the number of root domains linking to the page with partial match anchor text.
Page Level Keyword Agnostic
These elements describe non-keyword usage and non-link metrics features of individual pages such as length of the page, and load speed.
This year's data showed an interesting negative correlation (-0.10) to page response time.
Page Level Keyword Usage
These features describe use of the keyword term/phrase in particular parts of the HTML code on the page such as the title element, H1s, alt attributes, and more.
The data measures the relationship between the keyword and the document-both with the TF-IDF score and the language model score. We found that the title tag, the body of the HTML, the meta description, and the H1 tags all had relatively high correlation.
Page Level Social Metrics
These features relate to third-party metrics from social media sources such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for the ranking page.
Social signals were some of our highest correlated factors, with Google+ edging out Facebook and Twitter.
Page Link Authority Features
These features describe link metrics to the individual ranking page such as number of links and MozRank.
Page Authority is a machine learning model inside our Mozscape index that predicts ranking ability from links and, at 0.39, it is the highest correlated factor in our study.
- Category: SEO
- Published: Friday, 14 September 2012 16:14
- Hits: 44976042
Make your business easy-to-find on Google®, Yahoo!®, Bing® & more!
Today, most people use the Internet when shopping for products and services – make sure those customers can easily find you. Use Search Engine Visibility to increase your search rankings, and get guaranteed exposure FAST with pay-per-click advertising.
- Bring more traffic to your website with Search Engine Optimization.
- Increase sales and generate customer leads.
- No technical skills needed.
PLUS WITH OUR PREMIUM PLAN:
- Get your business seen prominently on Google, Yahoo!, and Bing!
- Promote your business with pay-per-click ads – we do the work, you get the phone calls & emails.
- You decide how much to spend on pay-per-click ads each month.
- Get listed FAST – in as little as 24 hours!
- Improve customer service with a dedicated phone number and recorded calls.
All Plans Include
- Complete Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for one website
- One-click submission to Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and AOL
- Easy submission to over 100 search engines and directories
- Google Keyword Generator
- Suggested Topics Tool
- Top 10 Search Engine Optimization Checklist
- Keyword usage, Robots.txt file and Robots Meta tag analyzer
- Powerful reports that show you how to move your website up in search results
Premium Search Engine Visibility
- National advertising
- Local advertising
- Google pay-per-click advertising
- Yahoo! pay-per-click advertising
- Bing pay-per-click advertising
- Dedicated phone number
- Call recording
- Email tracking
- Performance reporting
- Custom Web page
- Free SEO tool for your website
- Category: SEO
- Published: Tuesday, 11 October 2011 14:21
- Hits: 671086
Your competitors are on the Google™ map. Are you?
- 97% of consumers search for local businesses online. Be there when they’re looking for you with a business listing - the easiest way to show up on Google Search and Maps.
- 60% of households no longer use the Yellow Pages
- 82% of consumers search online for local products and services
- Over 60% of local searches result in a sale!
Here's what we'll do for you
- We will place your company within the top 7 listings on the Google Map in 60 days or less
- Work with you one-on-one to determine your goals
- Optimize your listing's content to maximize effectiveness in local and mobile searches
- Develop and execute a detailed plan to target your exact market and keywords
Here's what you and your customers get
- Your customers find the right information about your business, your hours of operation, address, contact information and even photos.
- Understand customer feedback and respond to Google+ Local reviews.
- When you upgrade to a local Google+ page, you can also share important news and updates with your customers.
- Category: SEO
- Published: Tuesday, 11 October 2011 12:12
- Hits: 671443
Pay Per Click Advertising Services
Why use PPC advertising?
- Simply put, pay per click advertising is the fastest way to get your company's name, products and/or services on the first page of Google, Yahoo! or Bing.
- PPC can get you results within hours as compared to organic SEO.
- It's also the easiest way to gain more exposure of your products and/or services. Pay per click ads also offers the most flexiblity in terms of budget constraints, pay as little or as much as you can afford.
How Does Pay Per Click Advertising Work?
With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keywords or key phrases relevant to their target market. PPC "display" advertisements, also known as "banner" ads, are shown on web sites or search engine results with related content that have agreed to show ads. Content sites commonly charge a fixed price per click rather than use a bidding system.
Websites that utilize PPC ads will display an advertisement when a keyword query matches an advertiser's keyword list, or when a content site displays relevant content. Such advertisements are called sponsored links or sponsored ads, and appear adjacent to, above, or beneath organic results on search engine results pages, or anywhere a web developer chooses on a content site.
What Do You Get With Our Pay Per Click Campaigns?
- COMPLETE: We will set up your pay per click campaigns from start to finish.
- RESULTS: We will monitor and improve your campaigns on a daily basis. Based on your budget, we can monitor your campaign every hour!
- EXPERTISE: By us offering you our years of expertise in Pay Per Click Advertising, you are assured the best possible results, the fastest turn arounds and the best possible ROI.
- REPORTS: At the end of your compaign, whether it was for a month or based on an allocated budget, we will send you a detailed report. In that report, we will provide a detailed analysis on how you can improve on your business marketing efforts to gain even more ROI.
All Pay Per Click Advertising Services Include:
- Competitive research and analysis
- Keyword and marketplace research
- Engaging Ads written by our staff of copywriters
- Advertisement optimization
- Local Search Listing
- Keywords Optimization Analysis
- Ongoing Consulting Time
- Pay Per Click / ROI Reports
- Analytics dashboard and monthly performance analysis
- Landing page development and testing
- Geo-targeted PPC for location specific marketing
Our PPC advertising expertise includes campaign strategy and management across all digital platforms:
- All major search engines including Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- Social networks including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Category: SEO
- Published: Tuesday, 11 October 2011 10:53
- Hits: 671080
You're probably deciding if you should hire us as your SEO company. We know, it's a big decision and investment. SEO can potentially improve your site's ranking, increasing traffic and sales, but if SEO is not done right, it can create an enormous negative affect on your site and business reputation. Be diligent in your quest for the benefits of great SEO services as well as ramifications that an irresponsible SEO company can do to your site.
Even if you do not go with us, we're happy to share a few tips with you:
- Review your website content and structure
- Content development
- Management of online business development campaigns
- Keyword research
- SEO training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
Keep in mind that the Google search results page includes organic search results and often paid advertisement (denoted by the heading "Sponsored Links") as well.
While the claims that advertising with Google won't have any effect on your site's presence in our search results, some clients who advertised large sums of money seems to indicate a lower organic search ranking.
If you're interested in becoming an educated consumer about SEO and would like to become familiar with how search engines work. We recommend starting here:
If you're thinking about hiring us as your SEO company, the earlier the better. A great time to hire is when you're considering a site redesign, or planning to launch a new site. That way, we can ensure that your site is designed to be search engine-friendly from the bottom up. However, a good SEO can also help improve an existing site.
While other SEO companies can provide clients with unbelievable claims of "guaranteed positions" or incredibly low prices or even other benefits, we would caution you about unethical SEO practicess have given the industry a black eye through their overly aggressive marketing efforts and their attempts to manipulate search engine results in unfair ways. Practices that violate Google's guidelines may result in a negative adjustment of your site's presence in Google, or even the removal of your site from our index. Here are some things to consider:
- Be wary of SEO firms and web consultants or agencies that send you email out of the blue. Many of these companies will use a "gmail.com" or "hotmail.com" or "yahoo.com" email account as it's free! They simply trick unsuspecting business owners who simply fall for the "great deal" they're getting, only to be swindled out of their money with no SEO services performed by the con artists. Please use your common sense. A professional company will have a website and will be in existence for years.
Here's a typical SPAM / FRAUD / CON ARTIST email:
"Dear John Doe,
I visited your website and noticed that you are not listed in most of the major search engines and directories..."
Reserve the same skepticism for unsolicited email about search engines as you do for "burn fat at night" diet pills or requests to help transfer funds from deposed dictators.
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.There are over 182 million websites today, no one can be guaranteed #1.
Beware of SEO companies that claim to guarantee rankings, allege a "special relationship" with Google, or advertise a "priority submit" to Google. There is no priority submit for Google. In fact, the only way to submit a site to Google directly is through their specific requirements.
- Make sure the SEO company you choose utilized "White Hat" techniques. We at INTELLIPLANS definitely use "White Hat SEO" techniques. Black hat SEO attempts to improve rankings in ways that are disapproved of by the search engines, or involve deception. One black hat technique uses text that is hidden, either as text colored similar to the background, in an invisible div, or positioned off screen. Another method gives a different page depending on whether the page is being requested by a human visitor or a search engine, a technique known as cloaking.
- Be careful if a company is secretive or won't clearly explain what they intend to do.
Ask for explanations if something is unclear. If an SEO company creates deceptive or misleading content on your behalf, such as doorway pages or "throwaway" domains, your site could be removed entirely from Google's index. Ultimately, you are responsible for the actions of any companies you hire, so it's best to be sure you know exactly how they intend to "help" you. If an SEO has FTP access to your server, they should be willing to explain all the changes they are making to your site.
- You should never have to link to an SEO.
Avoid SEOs that talk about the power of "free-for-all" links, link popularity schemes, or submitting your site to thousands of search engines. These are typically useless exercises that don't affect your ranking in the results of the major search engines -- at least, not in a way you would likely consider to be positive.
- Choose wisely.
While you consider whether to go with an SEO company, you may want to do some research on the industry. While we cannot comment on specific companies, we've encountered firms calling themselves SEO specialists who follow practices that are clearly beyond the pale of accepted business behavior. Be careful.
- What are the most common abuses a website owner is likely to encounter?
- What are some other things to look out for?
One common scam is the creation of "shadow" domains that funnel users to a site by using deceptive redirects. These shadow domains often will be owned by the SEO who claims to be working on a client's behalf. However, if the relationship sours, the SEO may point the domain to a different site, or even to a competitor's domain. If that happens, the client has paid to develop a competing site owned entirely by the SEO.
Another illicit practice is to place "doorway" pages loaded with keywords on the client's site somewhere. The SEO promises this will make the page more relevant for more queries. This is inherently false since individual pages are rarely relevant for a wide range of keywords. More insidious, however, is that these doorway pages often contain hidden links to the SEO's other clients as well. Such doorway pages drain away the link popularity of a site and route it to the SEO and its other clients, which may include sites with unsavory or illegal content.
- owns shadow domains
- puts links to their other clients on doorway pages
- offers to sell keywords in the address bar
- doesn't distinguish between actual search results and ads that appear on search results pages
- guarantees ranking, but only on obscure, long keyword phrases you would get anyway
- operates with multiple aliases or falsified WHOIS info
- gets traffic from "fake" search engines, spyware, or scumware
- has had domains removed from Google's index or is not itself listed in Google
There are a few warning signs that you may be dealing with a rogue SEO company. It's far from a comprehensive list, so if you have any doubts, you should trust your instincts. By all means, feel free to walk away if the SEO company:
- Category: SEO
About Us Testimonials
Our SEO Results!
See what a few seo clients have to say...
Our company used INTELLIPLANS for everything, from logo design to domain name registration to website development, hosting and marketing. We didn't have much money left after our products launched, but we needed to get good ranking to continue our efforts.
Black Seed Products // CEO
INTELLIPLANS was able to rank us as #1 in Google. We are very happy with our results. Highly recommended.
Wahid Vizcaiano Law // Wahid
We are very happy with the placement we got from INTELLIPLANS. We had tried several companies in the past, but factors such as cost and time, we chose INTELLIPLANS for our SEO services and it was the best decision we made! INTELLIPLANS was a tremendous asset for our SEO and online marketing and we would definitely recommend them.
The Consumers Review // CEO
Two thumbs up! The best SEO Company in Florida I have worked with!
A to Z Fabrics // Owner
As a new customer of INTELLIPLANS SEO services, I say with confident that without their search engine optimization services and support we would have been struggling instead of growing.
Mark // Miami Cycles
I just wanted to start by telling you that we are happy with your team. At first, we were a bit skeptical about this seo thing, but became pleasantly surprised after seeing leads after the first month.
Dr. James D // Chiropractor
I want to give you this testimonial: INTELLIPLANS SEO white hat techniques have increased the number of unique visitors to our site over 500%. We were able to cut back significantly on other advertising, saving us a lot of money. Thank you for helping us grow of our small business.
C. D. R. Photos // Owner
I am probably the happiest business owner. We were scammed by a SEO company who did what we now know was black hat techniques to get us ranking high. After Google's Panda and Penguin updates, our company suffered severely in Google's search results. After consulting with INTELLIPLANS, we signed the contract to get SEO services done by them. Thank God, we are now seeing positive results, ethically and I can sleep well knowing things are being done correctly.
Hellen T. // HT Daycare
Great job INTELLIPLANS! Our search engine rankings have moved up from 30th position on page 3 of Google to 7th on page 1 and we're also on the 2nd position and 3rd position on the 5 keyword we chose with your help.! We are now able to compete with the big boys in a very competitive industry.
Rico's Pizzeria // Owner
I appreciate the unique insights you've brought to our company. You took the time to explain a very difficult marketing campaign, which you convinced of in using your SEO services. The work that you all did is exemplary and the attention to details you all put forth in getting us to the desired goal was simply remarkable. End of the day, we're now getting sales and recognition we could not have dreamt of without you. You've got a client for life!
JD Thomas // President