- Category: SEO
- Published: Tuesday, 11 October 2011 10:53
- Hits: 665506
You're probably deciding if you should hire us as your SEO company. We know, it's a big decision and investment. SEO can potentially improve your site's ranking, increasing traffic and sales, but if SEO is not done right, it can create an enormous negative affect on your site and business reputation. Be diligent in your quest for the benefits of great SEO services as well as ramifications that an irresponsible SEO company can do to your site.
Even if you do not go with us, we're happy to share a few tips with you:
- Review your website content and structure
- Content development
- Management of online business development campaigns
- Keyword research
- SEO training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
Keep in mind that the Google search results page includes organic search results and often paid advertisement (denoted by the heading "Sponsored Links") as well.
While the claims that advertising with Google won't have any effect on your site's presence in our search results, some clients who advertised large sums of money seems to indicate a lower organic search ranking.
If you're interested in becoming an educated consumer about SEO and would like to become familiar with how search engines work. We recommend starting here:
If you're thinking about hiring us as your SEO company, the earlier the better. A great time to hire is when you're considering a site redesign, or planning to launch a new site. That way, we can ensure that your site is designed to be search engine-friendly from the bottom up. However, a good SEO can also help improve an existing site.
While other SEO companies can provide clients with unbelievable claims of "guaranteed positions" or incredibly low prices or even other benefits, we would caution you about unethical SEO practicess have given the industry a black eye through their overly aggressive marketing efforts and their attempts to manipulate search engine results in unfair ways. Practices that violate Google's guidelines may result in a negative adjustment of your site's presence in Google, or even the removal of your site from our index. Here are some things to consider:
- Be wary of SEO firms and web consultants or agencies that send you email out of the blue. Many of these companies will use a "gmail.com" or "hotmail.com" or "yahoo.com" email account as it's free! They simply trick unsuspecting business owners who simply fall for the "great deal" they're getting, only to be swindled out of their money with no SEO services performed by the con artists. Please use your common sense. A professional company will have a website and will be in existence for years.
Here's a typical SPAM / FRAUD / CON ARTIST email:
"Dear John Doe,
I visited your website and noticed that you are not listed in most of the major search engines and directories..."
Reserve the same skepticism for unsolicited email about search engines as you do for "burn fat at night" diet pills or requests to help transfer funds from deposed dictators.
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.There are over 182 million websites today, no one can be guaranteed #1.
Beware of SEO companies that claim to guarantee rankings, allege a "special relationship" with Google, or advertise a "priority submit" to Google. There is no priority submit for Google. In fact, the only way to submit a site to Google directly is through their specific requirements.
- Make sure the SEO company you choose utilized "White Hat" techniques. We at INTELLIPLANS definitely use "White Hat SEO" techniques. Black hat SEO attempts to improve rankings in ways that are disapproved of by the search engines, or involve deception. One black hat technique uses text that is hidden, either as text colored similar to the background, in an invisible div, or positioned off screen. Another method gives a different page depending on whether the page is being requested by a human visitor or a search engine, a technique known as cloaking.
- Be careful if a company is secretive or won't clearly explain what they intend to do.
Ask for explanations if something is unclear. If an SEO company creates deceptive or misleading content on your behalf, such as doorway pages or "throwaway" domains, your site could be removed entirely from Google's index. Ultimately, you are responsible for the actions of any companies you hire, so it's best to be sure you know exactly how they intend to "help" you. If an SEO has FTP access to your server, they should be willing to explain all the changes they are making to your site.
- You should never have to link to an SEO.
Avoid SEOs that talk about the power of "free-for-all" links, link popularity schemes, or submitting your site to thousands of search engines. These are typically useless exercises that don't affect your ranking in the results of the major search engines -- at least, not in a way you would likely consider to be positive.
- Choose wisely.
While you consider whether to go with an SEO company, you may want to do some research on the industry. While we cannot comment on specific companies, we've encountered firms calling themselves SEO specialists who follow practices that are clearly beyond the pale of accepted business behavior. Be careful.
- What are the most common abuses a website owner is likely to encounter?
- What are some other things to look out for?
One common scam is the creation of "shadow" domains that funnel users to a site by using deceptive redirects. These shadow domains often will be owned by the SEO who claims to be working on a client's behalf. However, if the relationship sours, the SEO may point the domain to a different site, or even to a competitor's domain. If that happens, the client has paid to develop a competing site owned entirely by the SEO.
Another illicit practice is to place "doorway" pages loaded with keywords on the client's site somewhere. The SEO promises this will make the page more relevant for more queries. This is inherently false since individual pages are rarely relevant for a wide range of keywords. More insidious, however, is that these doorway pages often contain hidden links to the SEO's other clients as well. Such doorway pages drain away the link popularity of a site and route it to the SEO and its other clients, which may include sites with unsavory or illegal content.
- owns shadow domains
- puts links to their other clients on doorway pages
- offers to sell keywords in the address bar
- doesn't distinguish between actual search results and ads that appear on search results pages
- guarantees ranking, but only on obscure, long keyword phrases you would get anyway
- operates with multiple aliases or falsified WHOIS info
- gets traffic from "fake" search engines, spyware, or scumware
- has had domains removed from Google's index or is not itself listed in Google
There are a few warning signs that you may be dealing with a rogue SEO company. It's far from a comprehensive list, so if you have any doubts, you should trust your instincts. By all means, feel free to walk away if the SEO company:
About Us Testimonials
Our SEO Results!
See what a few seo clients have to say...
Our company used INTELLIPLANS for everything, from logo design to domain name registration to website development, hosting and marketing. We didn't have much money left after our products launched, but we needed to get good ranking to continue our efforts.
Black Seed Products // CEO
INTELLIPLANS was able to rank us as #1 in Google. We are very happy with our results. Highly recommended.
Wahid Vizcaiano Law // Wahid
We are very happy with the placement we got from INTELLIPLANS. We had tried several companies in the past, but factors such as cost and time, we chose INTELLIPLANS for our SEO services and it was the best decision we made! INTELLIPLANS was a tremendous asset for our SEO and online marketing and we would definitely recommend them.
The Consumers Review // CEO
Two thumbs up! The best SEO Company in Florida I have worked with!
A to Z Fabrics // Owner
As a new customer of INTELLIPLANS SEO services, I say with confident that without their search engine optimization services and support we would have been struggling instead of growing.
Mark // Miami Cycles
I just wanted to start by telling you that we are happy with your team. At first, we were a bit skeptical about this seo thing, but became pleasantly surprised after seeing leads after the first month.
Dr. James D // Chiropractor
I want to give you this testimonial: INTELLIPLANS SEO white hat techniques have increased the number of unique visitors to our site over 500%. We were able to cut back significantly on other advertising, saving us a lot of money. Thank you for helping us grow of our small business.
C. D. R. Photos // Owner
I am probably the happiest business owner. We were scammed by a SEO company who did what we now know was black hat techniques to get us ranking high. After Google's Panda and Penguin updates, our company suffered severely in Google's search results. After consulting with INTELLIPLANS, we signed the contract to get SEO services done by them. Thank God, we are now seeing positive results, ethically and I can sleep well knowing things are being done correctly.
Hellen T. // HT Daycare
Great job INTELLIPLANS! Our search engine rankings have moved up from 30th position on page 3 of Google to 7th on page 1 and we're also on the 2nd position and 3rd position on the 5 keyword we chose with your help.! We are now able to compete with the big boys in a very competitive industry.
Rico's Pizzeria // Owner
I appreciate the unique insights you've brought to our company. You took the time to explain a very difficult marketing campaign, which you convinced of in using your SEO services. The work that you all did is exemplary and the attention to details you all put forth in getting us to the desired goal was simply remarkable. End of the day, we're now getting sales and recognition we could not have dreamt of without you. You've got a client for life!
JD Thomas // President